Most well-known, nationally-advertised brands of tampons, pads and panty liners are largely made of synthetics -like rayon. Feminine pads from many of the best known brands also contain something called SAPs, which stands for Super Absorbent Polymers. While doing their job to absorb better, SAPs are made from polymers that are derived from crude oil. Think how close those SAPs will be to your soft highly permeable vaginal skin.
Moreover, most sanitary napkins and tampons contain fragrances, are dyed using chlorine and contain plastics - all of which are irritants and not breathable. Little wonder then that other brands do not inform you of what's inside their products.
Yes. Many well-known brands are made with material that is bleached with chlorine. Do you want that touching you? Chlorine bleaching leaves a byproduct: dioxin. So women may be exposed to small but detectable levels of this known toxin whenever they use pads and tampons that are chlorine bleached.
Cotton is naturally nature’s most absorbent gift - absorbing up to 27 times its weight in liquid
• Protects against leaks during your period - superior liquid retention
• is pH compatible with the delicate vaginal skin
• Is renewable and sustainable
• Cotton is synonymous with softness - making Purganics products soft and gentle against your skin while working hard to keep you dry and comfortable
• Cotton is naturally breathable - Consider why you prefer cotton panties to nylon/synthetic ones, the same holds true for your feminine hygiene products. Commercial products are plastic laden and are not breathable and could cause rashes on sensitive skin. Cotton is breathable and allows air to dry and cool the skin
• Never itchy - helps prevent skin irritations and rashes
• Wicks away moisture to keep skin dry
• Purganics is hypoallergenic
• Skin + cotton = Great.Period!